Staying Connected and Demonstrating Progress
NuScale is grateful for and inspired by the ways that the global community continues to work together to advance clean, carbon-free energy solutions despite the challenges we currently face. Below are just some of the ways through which we’ve stayed connected with industry colleagues and the public over the past few months:
- In April, Dr. José Reyes, Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer at NuScale, joined colleagues for a Climate One podcast titled “What’s the Future of Nuclear Power?”.
- In May, Dr. Reyes was interviewed by Dan Testa for S&P Global Platts new Energy Evolution podcast.
- In May, Dr. Reyes presented during a United States Association for Energy Economics (USAEE) webinar titled, “Advances in Nuclear Power: Increased Resiliency in Face of COVID-19 and Other Potential Challenges”.
- In May, John Hopkins, Chairman & CEO of NuScale, joined NuScale colleagues for a Canadian Supplier event hosted by the Organization of Canadian Nuclear Industries (OCNI) to discuss how NuScale presents a substantial opportunity for the Canadian supply chain. The event was well-attended with nearly 200 participants.
- In May, Dr. Reyes was interviewed for the “Should This Exist?” podcast which focuses on technology and humanity. The podcast episode will air in September.
- In May, Dr. Reyes gave a well-received webinar presentation for the Atlantic Council’s EnergySource Innovation Stream titled “Advanced Nuclear Technologies”.
- In June, Scott Bailey, Vice President of Supply Chain at NuScale, participated in the Breakbulk365 “Industry Bright Spots: Real Project Opportunities Ahead” webinar. NuScale was pleased to have the chance to be featured alongside other industry colleagues to speak about the exciting opportunities ahead for the NuScale program.
- Also in June, Tom Mundy, NuScale’s Chief Commercial Officer, gave a well-received webinar presentation titled “NuScale Power SMR Overview and Update” during the International Framework for Nuclear Energy Cooperation (IFNEC) SMR Webinar Series.
- Later in June, Dr. Reyes gave a webinar titled “Nuclear Power for the Modern Grid”, hosted by the Homeland Defense & Security Information Analysis Center (HDIAC). The presentation is viewable on the HDIAC website.
NuScale looks forward to sharing more about upcoming events and presentations. Please remember to stay connected with us through our social media channels, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram, where we post all upcoming events and information.