By creating a design from a clean sheet of paper, NuScale and Fluor have revolutionized
the nuclear supply chain through the way reactor modules are fabricated and the
way power plants are constructed:
- The NuScale Power Module is factory built and transportable to the site by ship, rail or truck
- The small plant size and simple design leads to smaller components
and a lower number of critical components.
- Modularized components are fabricated
and assembled at offsite manufacturing facilities. This standardizes the manufacturing
process, increases efficiency, improves quality, and lowers cost.
Fluor's fabrication expertise and global purchasing power (i.e., >$20 billion in
2012) creates economies of scale and ensures competitive sourcing:
- 800 supply chain professionals located in 25 countries worldwide.
of suppliers/vendors across all 50 states ensure competition.
- Supplier Relationship
Agreements with 150 firms provides preferred pricing (i.e., 7-9% savings) and accelerated
- Fabrication for U.S. plant sites is performed domestically
at multiple locations.
- Fabrication for international plants is performed at
locations in geographical proximity to the plant site.