For the past 67 years, Fluor has provided exceptional engineering, procurement,
construction, maintenance, and decommissioning services to the nuclear industry.
- Design/Build Services for DOE/Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) - Beginning in 1946,
Fluor designed and/or constructed a number of facilities in support of the DOE/AEC
weapons complex, including the Portsmouth Gas Centrifuge Enrichment Plant, Los Alamos
TA-55 Plutonium Facility, Alpermaston A-90 Pu Production Facility (U.K.), American
Centrifuge Plant, facility modifications at the Hanford and Fernald Process Facilities,
and multiple locations in Idaho.
- Reactor Architect/Engineering (AE) and Construction Management (CM) Services - Through
the acquisition of Pioneer in 1974, Fluor entered the commercial nuclear AE and
CM businesses. Fluor subsequently designed Prairie Island 1/2, constructed Kewaunee,
and completed the design for plant modifications for 15 plants at 2 DOE sites.
- Self-Perform Reactor Construction – Between 1970 and 1988, Fluor constructed a number
of nuclear power plants, including J.M. Farley 1/2, V.C. Summer, Shearon Harris,
Fermi 2, Callaway, Wolf Creek, and the Nuclear Fuel Reprocessing Plant
- Reactor O&M and Capital Improvements – Since 1977, Fluor has provided operating
plant support services to 50 U.S. plants at 29 separate locations, performing more
than 90 million man-hours over the past 35 years.
- Reactor Construction Completion Services – Between 1983 and 1993, Fluor deployed
a large staff of experienced nuclear professionals to support the completion of
10 units at five plant sites. The sites included Vogtle (2 units), South Texas (2
units), Braidwood (2 units), Byron (2 units), and Comanche Peak (2 units).
- Nuclear Remediation and Environmental Facility Cleanup – Beginning in 1992, Fluor
entered the nuclear decommissioning and environmental cleanup market, performing
work at Fernald, Hanford, Savannah River, and Portsmouth in the U.S. and at Sellafield
in the U.K.